jeudi 2 janvier 2014

Welcome on my blog!

Hi everybody and welcome on my blog!

For this very first post, I will take the time to introduce myself, give you an idea of what will be on my blog and why should you read it! My goal is to satisfy your curiosity, to shake your mind and obviously teach you new things! As you propably know (or will notice) english is not my first language so I'm doing my best to translate my original post from french to english, but let me know if I'm doing to many mistakes or if you can't understand what I'm writing!!!

First of all, I'm a certified athletic therapist, graduated in exercise sciences (specialization athletic therapy) from Concordia University (Montreal, Quebec). My first experience in coaching were in track and field where I started and coached a high school program on the south shore of Montreal. In the meantime, I worked in different gyms as a personal trainer. Then I started university, at first with no interest in therapy but only in athletes performance. After my first class in athletic therapy, I became addicted!! Combining training with treatment to optimize the human machine was for me (and still is) the best approach. I'm still studying now, in osteopathy, to add more tools to my toolbox exceptionnally in manual therapy and then becoming a better therapist. At the same time I'm coaching a high school track and field team (Amiral - Jean de la Mennais) and working at Osteo-MedSport, a sport injury clinic in Westmount, Montreal.

My interests are in sport injuries, running, traumatology, performance training, injury prevention and sport in general. My blog will talk about those subjetcs, I'll share about research that I read, new treatment methods, case studies that I read or had at the clinic and also my days as an athletic therapist on the field (I always have interesting things happening!). Since this is my blog, I'll express my opinions, but I'm very open to share and learn from you! Otherwise I wouldn't make it public... I really like to share my knowledge, exceptionnaly with other health care profesionnals with different approaches.

Why read my blog? I read a lot of different things, not always the same subject, I have good ideas, choking ideas who will make you think and I'm trying to be updated! Like my grandma was saying "Only fool people don't change their minds." I believe that even with 30 years of experience, a therapist still has to learn and change a few things to stay the best and to optimize his time with the client.

Welcome and may this blog be a wonderful experience,

Sincerely,

MAD



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire